|No. 1677||Re: Engineering specialist||2019-07-09|
Dear Dan Burns,
Thank you for using our products.
Firstly, ezVSP converts serial data from a serial software on PC to TCP data. You need to configure ezVSP as described in this document https://www.eztcp.com/en/download/pds_files/an_ezvsp_en.pdf. If it still does not work, please send us the screenshot of your ezVSP configuration.
Secondly, SMG-5420 CANNOT use with ezVSP. Because SMG-5420 converts Modbus/TCP data to Modbus/RTU (or ASCII) data, and vice versa.
- Modbus/TCP device/software connects to SMG-5420 via TCP/IP network (Ethenet port)
- Modbus/RTU (or ASCII) device/software connects to SMG-5420 via serial port
In the case you use Modbus Poll software,
- connect Modbus Poll (configured as ModbusTCP) to SMG-5420 via TCP/IP network (with TCP header)
- connect Modbus Poll (configured as Modbus/RTU) to SMG-5420 via serial port (without TCP header)
- uses Modbus Poll (configured as Modbus/RTU) to SMG-5420 via TCP/IP network (through ezVSP). Because in this case, Modbus/RTU data is sent over TCP/IP, NOT Modbus/TCP.
SMG-5420 is configured via spFinder software https://www.eztcp.com/en/download/spfinder.php,
If you meet any problem, please send us the screenshot of SMG-5420 status in spFinder. It looks like this image: https://www.eztcp.com/en/download/images/spfinder.png
I hope the above is useful to you.
Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information.
> Dan Burns wrote:
> Regarding the SMG-5420. Can the SMG-5420 be used with the ezVSP?
> I am using Modbus Poll to connect thru the smg-5420 to a modbus rtu rs485 device. This setup works OK when Modbus Poll is connected to the smg-5420 server.
> When I try to use a ezVSP virtual com port, I can not communicate with the modbus device.
> I see that when I use Modbus Poll in Modbus/tcp that the tcp header gets sent with the serial data to the smg-5420 server. With Modbus Poll thru the serial port only the serial data gets sent to the smg-5420 there is no tcp header information. Is there some setting I need for the ezVSP virtual com port to add the tcp header?
> Thanks, Dan