|No. 2||Re: ezTCP - ezConfig||2002-11-13|
Dear Kerry Kilbride
Hello. Thank you for taking an interest in our product.
As you told me, the status of LEDs shows the EZL-50 works properly.
Also ezConfig was tested in windows 98, 2000 pro. and xp pro.
The following is the cause we guess.
1. When the computer does not work properly.
- Based on your mention, your computer does not work properly. You'd better test using another computer. ezConfig use a UDP broadcast packet. Normally a network is not damaged by UDP packet.
And I suggest that you use cross-over cable.
The explanation about cross-over cable is in #3.
2. When the EZCFG check box is unchecked in ezCofig program.
- If EZCFG check box is unchecked, you cannot use ezConfig function. You can easily solve the problem by setting the ISP pin to LOW(0v). If you use a EZL-EVB or EZL-60, put the jumper on JP3 to 2-3 pin(ISP). After configuring, set jumper back.
3. When the hub or direct cable does not work properly.
- Try to connect the device directly to PC using a Cross-Over cable. The Cross-Over cable is crossed 1-3, 2-6. You can get the cable in computer parts store.
If you can't solve the problem with above mothods, the reason can be more complicated.
If you cannot solve the problem, contact me again.
> Kerry Kilbride wrote:
> I'm currently evaluating your EZL-50 product and I am unable to reach it
using ezConfig. All the status led blinks slowly and the Link led is on.
> When I read or probe I see the LAN TX and LAN RX Leds flash but ezConfig
reports that it is unable to find the EZL-50.
> I am running ezConfig on Windows 2000 - is that OK? I note that your User's
manual states that: "ezConfig can run on Microsoft Windows platform but may
not operate on some of the existing operating systems." Which operating
systems do you mean that it won't operate on?
> My local network consists of 2 PC's running W2k and a DSL router. After
running ezConfig the network no longer operates until I reboot both machines.